Book Name- The Miracle Morning
Author- Hal Elrod
Most people underestimate the importance of their morning routines. And they wonder why they feel so tired and demotivated for the whole day.
You may have noticed that the way you wake up in the morning affects your entire day. If you start your morning with momentum, you can keep it up for the rest of the day.
But if you start your day being lazy and unproductive, there are more chances that you will feel exhausted for the entire day.
If you want to make a change the way your entire day goes, you must change your morning routine.
“It’s been said that the first hour is the rudder of the day. If I’m lazy or haphazard in my actions during the first hour after I wake up, I tend to have a fairly lazy and unfocused day. But if I strive to make that first hour optimally productive, the rest of the day tends to follow suit.”
Sir Hal Elrod has created a morning routine that he calls“The Miracle Morning”, which helps you start the day full of motivation and enthusiasm.
In order to make your morning a miracle, you must follow a set morning routine as rituals.
Major morning rituals provided in the book “The Miracle Morning” are as follows-
1- Wake Up
- Before getting into the routine, you need to wake up first.
- Waking up is the hardest thing to do for many people.
- When you delay waking up, you’re actually resisting your life.
- You should try to resist pressing the snooze button.
- Move the alarm across the room. This will force you to move your body, so it helps you wake up.
- Drink 2-3 glass of water. The objective is to re-hydrate your body and mind as fast as possible.
- If you still feel sleepy, go and brush your teeth.
- This way your body will get the time to wake up.
- Since you’re in the bathroom already, splash some water on your face, it will wake you up even further.
- After waking up, don’t rush. Just feel the silence.
- You can do meditation or just heavy deep breathing.
- But make sure you don’t do it in bed, otherwise, you will fall asleep again!
- You may also try spending some time with nature.
- It will help you to clear all the negative thoughts from your head.
- The way you talk to yourself has a dramatic influence on your mood and mind.
- You must have a positive self-perception. Because what you think of yourself matters the most.
- Start your day talking something positive to yourself. You may also write on paper.
- While designing and writing out your affirmations, align them with what you want to accomplish.
- Overcome your limiting beliefs by replacing them with those you need to succeed.
- Commit yourself to do positive self-talk daily. This way you will set new beliefs in your subconscious mind.
Here’s an example if you want to feel confident, your affirmation might look something like this.
” I am 100% confident about myself. Whatever I do, I do with enthusiasm. I am the best. I have a magnetic personality”.
- Visualize your goals and tasks that need to be done.
- Also, visualize yourself doing tasks efficiently and accomplishing them.
- Visualization lifts up your spirit and emotions.
- This way you will feel more comfortable doing tasks in reality.
- It can be a powerful tool for overcoming self-limiting habits such as procrastination.
- Morning exercise plays a very important role to keep you energetic for the rest of the day.
- When you exercise even for a few minutes, it significantly boosts your energy and mental clarity.
- You may work out in the gym, do some jumping or go for a run.
- This way you get your heart rate up and fill lungs with oxygen.
- Exercise will keep your body and mind energetic and healthy.
- Reading is the most common habit you will find in successful people.
- Whatever you want in your life, there are countless books available on how to get it.
- By reading you can actually learn from those who have already achieved what you want.
- There are no limits to the valuable knowledge you can gain through the habit of daily reading.
- By reading, you will improve your life as well as explore whole new perceptions in the world.
- I recommend you make a commitment to read at least 5 pages per day.
- If you start reading, you’ll definitely see major improvements in your life.
“The key is to learn from the experts—those who have already done what you want to do.”
- Scribing is just another word for writing or journaling.
- You can write about anything running in your mind. It will help you to relieve thoughts wandering in your head.
- When we write, it forces us to think through it enough to understand it.
- You can write about your dreams, goals, plans, ideas, experiences, and so on.
- Even though you can also write down your problems and negative thoughts.
- Writing down will give you the clarity to find solutions.
Morning routine takes a very lesser part of your day, but it actually holds the power to control your whole day.
It may hardly take 60 to 90 minutes to complete all the morning rituals we have learned.
Now, it’s all up to you.
Control your mornings, so you can control your whole day.