Book Name- You Are A Badass At Making Money
Author- Jen Sincero
Money plays a very important role in our lives. It is a tool by which we can have many facilities and luxuries of life.
And people do work for many years to get money.
But in our society, nobody teaches you anything about it and you’re not supposed to talk about it in public.
Those who talk about money are usually labeled as greedy and evil-minded. Because money is considered an inappropriate and dirty topic to talk about.
We all want money but we’re ashamed to admit that we want it. That’s a clear case of hypocrisy.
This is pretty much the first thing that Jen Sincero states in her book “You Are a Badass at Making Money”.
You Are a Badass at Making Money describes the mentality that a person must accept to shift from hating and repelling money, to loving and having an abundance of it.
If you want an abundance of money than you should respect it first. Because if you will hate it and speak ill of it, you will never get it.
With a feeling of hatred, you cannot get anything. Whether its money, relationships, or anything else.
Major takeaways from this amazing book “You Are A Badass At Making Money” are as follows-
1- Money Is Awesome
- Money is not the problem, your mindset and your limiting beliefs are the actual problems.
- Money is just something that will allow you to afford and experience everything that you wish to experience on this beautiful planet. Whats evil in this?
- Some people like to point out that spending time with those you love, being happy is more important than money.
- But in reality, there is no point to compare money with other important things in our life.
- Money is awesome, because of it you can do a lot for people you love and as well as yourself.
- Understand that, it’s not an either-or situation! In fact, I would argue that you can choose to do a lot for those you love and as well as yourself, then without money.
- Also, money can help you to help others. Imagine all the wonderful things you can do if you have an abundance of money.
2- Watch your thoughts
- Your beliefs create your reality through repetition.
- What you think and what you say is an important part of this.
- Your external world is a mirror of your internal world. What you will believe in, will become a reality.
- If you think that you’re a loser, everyone else will also treat you as a loser.
- The same thing goes for your words. You wouldn’t let anyone else say negative things about you. So don’t tell yourself negative things about your own self.
- Have beliefs that will empower you to progress rather than bound you in a limited world.
- You may write down positive thoughts about yourself in the discipline you wish to succeed in.
- Don’t think and talk negatively about yourself in any way.
3- You Must Take A Leap Of Faith
- We all are stuck in some comfort zone in our life.
- But this comfort zone actually makes us fearful of steps needed to be taken for progress.
- You may get a short term pleasure and comfort being in your comfort zone, but it will limit you to explore further.
- This way living in a comfort zone proves to be the most uncomfortable thing in the long term.
- An important part of taking a leap of faith is that you must be willing to spend some to get some. This goes for investing, entrepreneurship, acting, or anything else that requires your efforts.
- You shouldn’t act like a cheapskate when it comes to personal coaching. A coach can help you to shorten the learning curve so that you can reach a profitable level of expertise in your chosen discipline much faster.
- Don’t be a fearful person. Rather than fears, lookout for opportunities.
- Leave your comfort zone and accept the opportunities and challenges to explore more potential of yours.
“The best way to be as mighty as you can be is by getting crystal clear about, and extremely attached to, your Why.”
4- Surround Yourself With The Right People
- Your environment can be a major obstacle on your road to wealth.
- The people you surround yourself with on a daily basis is the most influential part of your environment.
- If you truly want to grow you must hang out with people you can learn from.
- People who know what they are doing and who have the right attitudes and mindsets can help you to be more disciplined and focused.
- In fact, you might have to limit some people in your life, if they have the wrong attitudes.
- For example- Warren Buffett decided at an early age that he was going to become an awesome value investor. In order to achieve this, he made sure to surround himself with the best people within the discipline. He also worked with Benjamin Graham, who is referred to as the father of value investing.
- You may also contact someone – perhaps a friend to a friend – that you know is successful within the discipline where you want to achieve greatness.
- Then show your genuine interest in them and ask them about how they did it. Be friends with them.
“If you’re around people who are making money in great and joyful ways, you’ll not only see what’s possible for you, but you’ll be motivated to push yourself.”
5- Chunk Your Task Into Bite-sizes
- The goal to build a successful business, to learn foreign languages, to write a book, to become a great investor, or to become an elite athlete is a Herculean task. This can cause a feeling of hopelessness.
- Furthermore, the human mind isn’t constructed to focus on such long-term objectives.
- We realize that becoming the greatest investor of all time is a quest that might take decades to complete. This basically doesn’t create the necessary sense of urgency.
- If you have all the time in the world to complete something, it will also take all the time in the world.
- A solution to this problem is to chunk your massive task into bite-sizes. You need to set a deadline for each chunk.
- The deadlines can be imaginary, that doesn’t really matter. But you must stay true to them no matter what!
- This causes urgency and increases motivation, because it seems much more reasonable to “meet 5 clients” next month, than to “build a successful business” during the next 5 years.
- This will help you to work with more focus and a clear mind.
Your financial life in addition to your personal life is completly in your hands.
You hold the power to shape it anyway. You can be rich and you can be poor, it all depends upon you.
So take the responsibility to give yourself everything you dreamed of.